Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sulphasalazine

Well I have just taken my seventh pill. Tomorrow I start taking two a day, one morning, one at night. So far so good. No sign of the dreaded headaches yet, but the one makes me feel very sleepy about an hour after so goodness knows how I will get on with two and I have to get up to four at the end of the third week. First blood test next week to monitor my white cell count, and a liver function test two weeks after that.

I just hope it don't take the full six months to work as my hands are pretty seized up now, and that would mean another winter being absolutely useless for half of the day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope this works for you. I had sleepy & headaches from one med, but after 2 to 3 weeks the symptoms went away. They are now working fine. Hope the sypmtom stay away. Hugs.

Highlights from two years of blogging. said...

fingers crossed Jas... really hope it helps, think positive! xx

Anonymous said...

Jas,
Sorry you are going through this andthat it works quickly.
L.
Suz

Unknown said...

Great to see you Suz!! And the others of course. LOL.

Well I seem to be geting the headaches now (Tues) but I am determined to persevere, just taking lots of pain meds!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, enjoy the pain meds if you can, Jas...they might as well do something fun for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey, enjoy the pain meds if you can, Jas...they might as well do something fun for you!

Anonymous said...

Jas I do hope this drug helps you eventually.

V x