Tuesday, July 18, 2006

This week, mostly.....

I'm reading.....

Poetry by John Clare from his Major Works. I was reminded of him recently and couldn't find my book with some of his poems in, so whilst in Exeter the other day I bought this new copy. I just love his countryside writing. Just right for this hot weather.

Rich music breathes in summers every sound
And in her harmony of varied greens
Woods meadows cornfields all around
Much beauty intervenes
Filling with harmony the ear and eye
While oer the mingling scenes
Far spreads the laughing sky

From Summer Images, John Clare


I'm listening.....

to the greenfinch which has declared himself 'top of the tree' and sits in the oak behind my house singing his heart out, morning, noon and night. Listen to his cousin here


I'm watching.....

the nightly Crazy Ballet with Misty, Nelson and their brother Toby chasing and trying to catch moths under the streetlight outside. They start with all good intentions but really it's just too hot so they collapse in the heat on the road and lie there just watching and dreaming until a sudden burst of energy starts them off again.

No comments: