Saturday, July 29, 2006

This week, mostly

I'm reading.....

Greek Walls, an odyssey in Corfu by John Waller. The story of one family's quest to build a house on Corfu thirty odd years ago before the advent of mass tourism. Lovely book about a lovely place.


I'm drinking.....

cloudy lemonade from Sainsburys. Not a patch on the Greek Epsa lemonade which would have been really welcome during the recent hot weather here. It tastes rather like the old fashioned homemade lemonade of my childhood. Wonderful. Just wish I could buy it over here.


I'm watching.....

the flowers on my evening primrose slowly climb up my clematis arbour. Already the one plant is seven feet tall. How much higher can it go I wonder??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice day Jas, envy you being able to be in the garden. Sounds so restful.