Tuesday, July 04, 2006

This week, mostly.....

I'm reading.....

Eurydice Street by Sofka Zinovieff
. Part autobiography, part travelogue this is the story of a family's move to Athens. The author was trained in anthropology and gives an insight into real Greek life and the difficult period as Athens was preparing for the Olympic Games. I'm only a couple of chapters in, but already I can identify with some of the characters and situations the family meets up with. Affectionate and engaging rather than outright humourous.


I'm watching.....

the flowers on my Magnolia grandiflora opening. Huge bowls of delicate white flowers surround a yellow centre and give off the most beautiful scent particularly in the evening. I'll post some pictures later hopefully.


I'm wearing.....

a fetching combination of blue
Hanes cycling shorts purchased 10 years ago in New York along with a bright orange vest top. It's the only thing in this 90 degree heat. I just hope no one rings the doorbell. I would HATE to be seen in public like this!!
PS Hanes don't DO cycle shorts any more!!

No comments: