Thursday, July 06, 2006

Outpatient appointment

The visit to the Rheumatologist did not go well yesterday. First I waited half an hour to see her, then I got moved to another waiting area, finally I saw her almost an hour late and she was in a hurry. She had clearly not received the urgent fax from my GPa as she said she hoped the plaquenil was making a difference. Things deteriorated from then onwards. I did get another big shot of cortisone until I can decide which new med I want to take, Sulphasalazine or Methotrexate.

Oh and by the way, I may have Lupus now so got to get some more bloods done, another chest xray and have some more (different) meds for the Raynauds. In ten minutes I was seen, injected, laden with drug pamphlets and test requests and bundled out of the door.

It was gone 5.30pm though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Horrible appointment Jas, I am sorry it went that way. Do get the lupus test, could explain a lot. In the meantime, stay out of the sun. Hugs