Friday, March 10, 2006

The weekend starts here

I am always hopeful, I'm a glass half-full person and look on the bright side. I am therefore hoping the last of my decorating related work will happen tomorrow. I only need a bathroom floor repaired, some non slip flooring fitted, 7 shelves put up, about a dozen pictures and my collection of carpet beaters hung.

Doesn't sound much does it? I thought that I was on to a winner. I fetched the flooring, dragged the shelving supports up the stairs and rounded up all the other stuff. WH said he'd start tonight. ........After we visit the grandkids. So that's a non starter then; we won't be back until 8 and then we have to eat.

That leaves tomorrow and Sunday. Apparently you can only put up shelves if it doesn't rain. Something to do with rounding the edges, an outside job. Heavy showers are forecast. The shelves will have to wait. The flooring might well get laid and the floor repaired. I'm going out all day. "Good job" says WH, "I have to take the sink and the wc out." To lay flooring? So that will be an all day job then.

Perhaps the shelves will get done on Sunday. The weather forecast is certainly better; sunny intervals. "Oh good I'll be able to rotovate Mother's garden."

What about my shelves?????

No comments: