Tuesday, March 14, 2006

This week, mostly

I’m reading…..

A Thousand Days in Tuscany; Marlena de Blasi. The true story of a chef/journalist and her Italian husband’s move to Tuscany and the people they meet and the food which they cook and eat. Wonderful scenes of a life in the sun.

I’m eating….

Casseroles. I have finally replaced my huge old enamel dish which had become chipped. I am now the proud possessor of a six pint earthenware one in a shade of Kalahari Blue. So far we have had lamb shanks in port and orange and Christmas spiced beef, bit out of season but it certainly goes with the weather. Next on the list is Fowl Down in Rice, a Caribbean speciality.

I’m drinking….

Tesco’s fiery ginger beer. It certainly helps with the nausea from the plaquenil. However I would not need to drink so much if only I could remember to take the med at the right time, before food. I always remember just after. Blame Fibro Fog.

No comments: