Tuesday, August 08, 2006

This week, mostly.....

I'm reading.....

I don't know how she does it by Allison Pearson. What a whirlwind of a book! It moved so fast I couldn't put it down and read three quarters of it in a single sitting on Sunday when I was otherwise bored. The story of a high flying female exec who neglects her husband and her kids as she relentlessly pursues the company cause, I really cared about the family involved and wanted to shake Kate Reddy, the main character, and shout at her. I wanted her to leave work and look after her kids as the time she lost with them she would never regain.
This is due to be made into a film and our friends at Trashionista have even been discussing possible casting suggestions. Can't wait to see it.


I'm eating.....

everything and anything that WH throws at me. As we have our annual change of roles for the month of August whilst I turn my hands to other things (like making sunhats) I am just grateful that for once I am not cooking and cleaning and he is doing it all. Surprising how a man can get interested in eating a lot of salad when he has to cook his own dinner!


I'm watching.....

my garden turning to a brown desert in the drought we have had here recently. The nasturtiums which were giving quite a splash of fluorescent colour are also disapperaing fast due to the army of stripey caterpillars martching along their branches and eating everything in their wake. It's definitely all looking very end of the year.

3 comments:

Highlights from two years of blogging. said...

Great book- your friends at Trashionista thank you for the mention! :)

D xx

Highlights from two years of blogging. said...

ps: you could always review a book for us you know... perhaps when hat season is over!

Unknown said...

Maybe in the winter. thanks for thinking of me.
xx