Monday, August 14, 2006

Sulphasalazine woes

Well it's been 3 weeks today since I started this and I am still on a half dose. Looks like the best I will do too. My white blood count is down and my neutrophils are extremely low. Add to this all the side effects and I am not doing too well. I am going back down to a quarter dose until we get further info from the rheumatologist but it looks like methotrexate is heading my way. A nastier drug overall but one with less side effects. Meanwhile, the stiffness and hand thing is worse by the day.

Oh and by the way I've now got a lovely Lupus rash too. Wonder what the rheumy will make of that? I expect I'll be seeing her about January......

3 comments:

Highlights from two years of blogging. said...

I'm so sorry about your woes Jas- damn that sun reaction to Plaq!

Thinking of you though xxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this Jas. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Jas,
I have missed so much. Have you been diagnosed with lupus? I am sorry you are having such a rough time.
(((hugs)))
Suz