Saturday, August 19, 2006

More Books

Well I suppose it was no surprise that I went to Waterstones in Bristol and took advantage of one of their special offers. I now have yet another three books waiting for me to read. Actually one of them is started all ready!! Ya-yas in Bloom has already been read half way through. Only got it yesterday and could not put in down. A sort of campanion to the Divine Secrets of the Ya-ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells, this tells some of their earlier secrets and some newer stuff too. It's like meeting old friends again.

I also succumbed to
Between, Georgia by Joshilyn Jackson and Recipes for a Perfect Marriage by Kate Kerrigan.Putting these links here I have just learned a salutory lesson, these books were all cheaper on Amazon, I should have bought them there. There is something rather special, however, about walking into a bookshop and picking them out in the flesh as it were.

All this has brought me memories of a very special friend whom I met in person exactly this time last year in another bookshop in Bristol. I had known here 'netwise' for probably five years but had never met her in person until then. The memories of that special evening will live with me for ever, sadly they will have to remain as memories as she died last December.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a lot of reading material there Jas ! Hope you enjoy it !

Hope you can have some happy memories.

V x

Highlights from two years of blogging. said...

That's who Bristol always makes me think of, Jas... you were so lucky to meet her.

I LOVED Between, Georgia! :)

xxx

Highlights from two years of blogging. said...

ps: Jas... can I borrow Ya-Yas in blooooooom, pleeeeeeeeeease? :D