Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Box of Books

I've recently been buying some books from Green Metropolis after it was recomended by the lovely Di and even selling a few too. This has resulted in my pile of books to be read to be even bigger than usual!

Two I am dying to start are both by Alison Lurie, whose books I just adored when I first read her work about fifteen years ago. These are
The Last Resort and Truth and Consequences. Years ago I was a similar age to some of her characters especially in The War Between the Tates and Real People, I just hope that time has not spoiled her for me now.

Another in the pile is
The Memory Stones by Kate O'Riordan. It's set mostly in Ireland, a place I sometimes have dificulty with, the more so as I have never been there and don't really know any Irish people. Paris is the other main setting and I can definitely take to that. I even fell in love there once. How's that for a cliche??

Bottom of the pile for savouring in deepest winter is
Dinner with Persphone by Patricia Storage. Part travelogue, part memoir, this is an exploration of Greece's land and people. I'll start reading this when I'm planning another trip.

3 comments:

CatholicGirlie said...

Hi. I like your blog. I also have fibromyalgia and connective tissue disease.

Unknown said...

Hi, nice to meet you. Is connective tisue disease also know as Lupus? If so I am being investigated for that at the moment!

Highlights from two years of blogging. said...

I think I've read every Alison Lurie, but some of them are mixed up in my mind!
I think The Last Resort is my favourite... x