Wednesday, May 17, 2006

This week, mostly,

I'm reading.....

the weather forecast for
Volos. We fly there a week on Friday and so far it looks like it will rather warmer and dryer than it is here. Hope it stays that way.


I'm watching....

the Swifts scything their way through the skies above my house. Later to arrive than the Martins and the Swallows and earlier to leave, theirs is only a fleeting visit so I have to make the most of it. Best of all is when they come screaming over the roof and fly low over the front garden catching the evening insects. First, though, it has to be warm....


I'm eating.....

asparagus. The English is now in the shops and is great just steamed and served on its own with melted butter. For those of us counting calories, stirred into a pasta with lemon, chilli, parsley and garlic it is sublime.

No comments: