Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The final countdown, a series of lists.....

Books I’m taking on holiday…..

A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian by Marina Lewycka
Margarita’s Olive press by Rodney Shields
The Island by Victoria Hislop

And for him outdoors……. The World According to Clarkson. Well he’s putting up with me, alone, for 17 days so I suppose he needs a bit of laddish company.


But why on earth do we need all this stuff?.......

Spare Mosquito killer
MP3 player
Tripod
Bag of heavy duty clothes pegs purchased in Rhodes 5 years ago
Travel iron
Thermal bed socks
Universal sink plug
Bottle of Tide Ygro hand-wash liquid bought home from Lefkada last year

(answers on a postcard please)


And I still can’t find…..

My black softy snuggly cardigan
A handbag bought specifically for holidays last year, used once
My original packing list



Things to be purchased en route…..

New handbag (of course)
New trainers
Gipsy skirt
New GPS system for the van, yeah, I’m serious here. WH, having given away his old one as he said ‘it was rubbish’, thinks that maybe in the airport they will be cheaper. So we have to lug it all the way to Greece? Not if I can help it.

5 comments:

Highlights from two years of blogging. said...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

I wouldn't go anywhere without my mp3 player...or at least 3 books, hope you enjoy! (I really liked Clarkson's book btw...) :) xx

Unknown said...

Awww Thanks Di,

the MP3 is NOT for me I hasten to add, can't stand music 'that' close since I had ME.

I usually buy one more book in the airport, something to do after check-in :)

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed this blog Jas, happy holidays and bring photos please. I, like you, cannot stand music in my ear, must come from wearing hearing aids and having too much background noise.

Unknown said...

Thanks Terry,

Will take lots of pics for you all.
xx

Highlights from two years of blogging. said...

well I listen to podcasts in mine, but I know what you mean!

Yes, always buy a book at the airport- i even had to buy two when I went to London! :) part of the fun of the holiday xxx