Tuesday, February 28, 2006

This week, mostly

I’m reading…..

Falling Cloudberies, a world of family recipes. This is a wonderful cookbook by Tessa Kiros who was born in London to Finnish mother and a Greek-Cypriot father. When she was 4 the family moved to South Africa. This book is a melange of foods from the cultures which make up her family and she where was living and I love it for its’ simple Greek dishes and its’ wonderful photography. A great read even if I didn’t cook any of it!



I’m eating…..

Greek food. Trying to pretend it is warm and sunny even when it is snowing. I am finishing some Yiouvetsi, slow baked lamb with pasta and tomatoes. Next will be Yemista, baked vegetables filled with rice and aromatically spiced meat, redolent of cinnamon and lemon. I’m having Greek yoghurt and rose petal jam for breakfast too.



I’m wearing….


a wonderful old jumper from M&S which is just right for this frankly, flipping, freezing weather. It’s made from silk and cashmere and is really toasty with its’ high collar and its’ extra long length. Who cares if it’s last years (or even the year’s before) model?


It matches my new paintwork too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i so enjoy your writing jas....celine

Unknown said...

Thanks Celine. I think we have the same sense of humour and 'take' on things!!