Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Houseful

My living room is ablaze with flowers. Saturday brought 4 separate lots and a plant. Unfortunately 3 of these were delivered in person so I had vistors for the most part of the day and was dishing out cups of tea to all and sundry. One set though, made their own tea, tidied my kitchen, put the remains of my disturbed lunch in the fridge and commented on WH's lack of housekeeping skills all the while marvelling that I wasn't in bed like they thought I would be. As these relatives have never visited in the 17 years of WH and I being together I should think myself highly honoured. This was in addition to taking 2 little walks to the new house, alone.

I really am doing much better than last time. Yesterday, to celebrate that fact, we went to Kingsbury May Festival. Our short trip turned into a marathon involving a stand-up burger lunch, afternoon tea in a village coffee shop on the Somerset levels, an electrical part fest in B&Q, 2 supermarkets for cat food and other urgent needs and finally dinner in a local pub.

I was hoping to have a rest today, still being only 6 days post-op, but I started well by having to make tea for the workforce at 7.30am while they chewed over their respective weekend's events and tried to summon up enough energy to plod round the corner and actually DO something. I've just had a phone call to tell me that the breakfast delivery is late. Oh, were they expecting me to take it then? Er... YES.

Maybe I should just go back to work, I might get waited on then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing that you're able to do so much so soon.

It's sometimes hard to get used to the fact that you're going to continually get better, and not have a set-back like you would have before your were diagnosed correctly a year or so ago.

Unknown said...

It is a really odd feeling Carol. I keep waiting for the crash. I've been out and about most of today, albeit walking or being driven between places but I've spent hours standing up with no ill effects. I guess I'll have to get used to it!
xx