Monday, May 12, 2008

Feels like summer


Yesterday we went to the Marie Curie Garden Fair at Kentisbeare house. What a fabulous day we had. The weather was perfect, cloudless skies, hot sun and a just a little light breeze. Over 50 stalls had set up selling mostly plants and garden related things but a lovely food tent as well. As usual the Wallaces' burgers were to die for. Die, I probably will too when I step on the scales later today having eaten 2 burgers with onion relish for lunch and then having pizza for tea, it being too hot and me being too tired to think of anything else to fill up a very hungry WH.

I bought loads of plants for the new garden and found a lovely little nursey not far from here which I will be visiting later in the week. The patio at the new house is so hot I intend to do lots of pots of salvias which I have hitherto had little success with in the present NE facing garden.

One I bought yesterday was Salvia patens which must be my most favourite colour ever and the colour of a perfect Mediterannean sky. I'm hoping that it will echo the skies to come here too.

No comments: